If you know me, you have probably seen news that my employer is being purchased by Samsung. Allow me to make a few comments about this situation before I go quiet about the issue. First and foremost, the opinions expressed in this blog and domain are entirely mine. They do not in any way, shape, or form represent the views of my employer, or anyone else.
So in no particular order:
- I do not have additional information beyond what the press releases indicate. My role in the company does not involve me in any of these processes.
- If I am asked a question I have not gotten an answer from my employer about that I can publicly share, I will not answer it.
- I have recused myself from AVNation’s coverage of the story.
- Until the acquisition is approved by regulators there will be no change in processes or business.
- I am aware of the fact that most analysts are indicating that Samsung has purchased an automotive supplier. Based on the Form 10-Q filing for the quarterly period ended September 30, 2016, the largest portion of income does come from the automotive division.
- The feeling of uncertainty is high for me personally. I do not speak for others.
So there is my statement before I resume not commenting.